The DEBS 2017 Program for Student Volunteers gives full- or part-time university students from around the world the opportunity to attend and contribute to a premier forum for all areas of programming language research, including the design, implementation, theory, and efficient use of languages. As a DEBS 2017 Student Volunteer, you will interact closely with researchers, academics and practitioners from various disciplines and meet other students from around the world.
This year DEBS, PLDI and ECOOP are co-located. Student Volunteers can attend events from the three conferences and might be working for either. Preference can be stated in the application form. DEBS is pleased to offer a number of opportunities for student volunteers, who are vital to the efficient operation and continued success of the conference each year. The student volunteer program is a chance for students from around the world to participate in the conferences whilst assisting us in preparing and running the event.
Job assignments for student volunteers include assisting with technical sessions, workshops, tutorials and panels, checking badges at doors, operating the information desk, helping with traffic flow, and general assistance to keep the conferences running smoothly.
In return, volunteers are granted free registration to the conferences, tutorials, workshops, and panels.
Call for Student Volunteers
Applicants can be undergraduate, Master’s, Ph.D. full- or part-time students, of computer science or related fields.
Applicants must be available for at least five (5) full days between the 18th and 23rd of June, and will be expected to provide 15 hours of volunteering work in that time.
- A Complimentary Conference Registration, offering access to all open sessions (i.e., parallel paper presentations, demonstrations, and workshops) and conference proceedings.
- Free lunches and refreshments during breaks.
- Student volunteer garments.
- Free admission to one of the social banquets
Please note that Student Volunteers are responsible for their own travel arrangements and accommodation in Barcelona. Students interested in sharing an accommodation can find other interested attendees through ConferenceShare.
The skills, talents and dedication of the Student Volunteers contribute to the overall quality of the Conference. The Student Volunteer role involves a range of duties, including, but not limited to:
- Providing assistance to the Conference management and secretariat staff.
- Helping and directing other Conference participants.
- Contributing to the overall smooth running of the Conference functions and social events. This also includes assisting during presentations and poster sessions as well as manning the information and registration desks.
A Student Volunteer should:
- Be enthusiastic and highly motivated, with strong interpersonal skills,
- Be fluent in English, which is the language of the conference,
- Be reliable, punctual and organized,
- Be a self-starter.
How to Apply
To be considered as a Student Volunteer please fill out the following application form.
- The deadline for early application is April 15 2017.
- The second deadline is May 15 2017.
- Applications received by the early deadline will be reviewed and volunteers selected will be notified by April 29.
- Applications received by the second deadline will be notified by May 29.
Priority will be given to the applications by the early deadline. Applications received after the second deadline may be considered depending on need.
If you have any questions, please send them via email to email@example.com
We are looking forward to receiving your application and seeing you this summer at DEBS 2017!